[Building Sakai] Maven Version Numbers

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 12:24:27 PST 2011

One solution is to provide binary releases of your app. It's possible you could get away with only one version that is compatible with 2.6, 2.7 and 2.8 (assuming Kernel API's you use).
I maintain a compatibility matrix for the releases of Profile2:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PROFILE/Profile2+-+Version+Compatibility

You'll see there is actually a version that works in all flavours of Sakai, but recent releases require newer versions of Sakai (because of using new Kernel API's).

So if you provide the pom and assembly to allow an 'indie release', you could solve this, since Maven hasn't fixed the issue you describe.

cheers,
Steve