[Building Sakai] problem with the visibility of pictures when using the FCKeditor Resource Browser in Samigo

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Tue Feb 8 08:43:29 PST 2011

Yea, that's an interesting problem. The tools certainly don't change the
visibility of the resources, and the FCKUploader just puts them in the
default space. The professor would really need to know ahead of time to
upload all of their images separately and put a release date on them, but
this is something that nobody is going to do.

I also don't believe that you can make a file or folder hidden from the
resources UI but still visible from direct "/access" if you happen to know
the URL (Like UNIX if you have a folder with the execute permission without
the read). This is really what this needs, then you could have a tool create
a folder that has a permission similar to 711 with readable files in it and
nobody would know the names of the files to view them.

Sakai doesn't have this special case though, it only has "read or not read
(hidden)"

There seem like a lot of complex ways to fix this, but I can't think of any
easy ones outside of uploading them in picasa or something and linking to
them.

-Matthew