[Building Sakai] Help Regarding Giving rights to the user and Restricting Them

“Naira farooq nairafarooq at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 11:17:05 PST 2011

I have  these Questions Can Someone Help me out ???

1. Is there any chat tool specific to connections?? I mean Only those can be
in chat that are connected to you none others

2. About Public profiles you have given me the link but how can i do such
settings that I no more need to be Authenticated to just view my profile
rather it should be public through that link anyone should be able to see
that profile???
Is this to be done through code changing in Sakai 2.7.1 ?? or through
configurations in sakai.properties??

3. I also want to know that If i want to enable Chatroom for specific groups
then what can be done??
for example in Site x i have a group A , group B I want separate chatRooms
for Group A and Group B. I have seen there is an option of creating a new
chat room in Site but how can we allocate that chat room to specific group
can we??

when I specify site.types as project only then It Do not allow even admin to
create course sites. But I just want that course site instructors should be
able to create Project sites only however admin should be able to create
both project as well as course sites.
In this way i want to give access to my faculty members to create new
project sites but not course sites??

Can we restrict them through Realms or or any other way??
Through any configurations in Sakai.properties file???
Please help me I shall be very very Thankful to you. I am stuck with
these scenarios Please help me Students at FAST are asking a lot of
questions and I do not have Answers :(... Stuck so badly :(..

Regards,
Naira Farooq
Software Engineer
FAST-NU