[Building Sakai] Help Regarding Giving rights to the user

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 04:10:47 PST 2011

Following on from Adam,

1. Connections in Sakai via Profile2 are a way of connecting with people that share similar interests, or just your friends or colleagues. There is a wall tool, like Facebook, where you can see your conenction's status updates. There is also an integration being done with the connections and a site wide chat.

2. Public profiles are on the radar. You can kind of get a public profile by going to:

http://your.sakai.server/direct/profile/<USERID_HERE>/formatted

But you need to be at least authenticated. There are privacy settings behind each component of profile2, we may end up adding another setting to make fields public and then making a public view via the above URL.

For 4, there is a setting in sakai.properties where you can list the site types that user's can create:

site.types
This property allows you to specify the available list of site types to choose from in the Worksite Setup tool
Defaults to course,project,portfolio if not specified.
Since: 2.4 onwards.

cheers,
Steve