[Building Sakai] mneme status

Vivie Sinou sinou at etudes.org
Wed Dec 28 09:13:01 PST 2011

Charles,

We support over 270,000 enrollments a year in our production, administering
hundreds of thousands of exams through Mneme. As the manager who is
responsible for addressing critical issues reported across all of our
colleges' help desks, I can tell you that we've had zero failures in Mneme.
Supporting distance learning 24/7, we wouldn't survive without a super
reliable assessment engine. We've been running Mneme in production since
Dec. 2007.

Instructors do find mistakes in their tests after they were released to
students, but Mneme is very forgiving. It sounds like you may have not
looked at Mneme since its first generation. As of 2-3 years ago, Mneme
allows instructors to make all kinds of changes to their assessments even if
they are published: they can change any wording in the text of questions or
instructions; they can also change the text of the answer key, dates, time
limit, tries, feedback, hints, etc; and they can even change the point value
of the questions. When clicking on 'save', Mneme rescores all the exams
automatically and sends the updated scores to the gradebook.

The only thing we don't allow instructors to do after a test is published is
to delete questions or add questions, but they can change any of the content
and points of existing ones.

Please feel free to contact us at dev at etudes.org with any Mneme questions.

Happy Holidays!

Best,