[Building Sakai] mneme status

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Wed Dec 28 07:10:05 PST 2011

What is other institutions' experience with Mneme? This semester we've had two fairly serious problems with tests not submitting properly or losing data. The biggest weaknesses all seem to be in timed tests, but those are typically used in situations where reliability is most important. Our institution has high requirements for reliability of Sakai. It's getting to the point where I'm not sure we can live with Samigo. We haven't looked seriously at Mneme because it is missing things that people use, e.g. the ability to edit assessment that have been published. But I think we may prefer reliability over features.