[Building Sakai] lesson builder versions

Hedrick Charles hedrick at rutgers.edu
Fri Dec 23 16:41:00 PST 2011

Lesson Builder has just been branched. Version 1.4, which has been trunk, is now the branch 1.4.x. It is associated with the 2.9 release.

Trunk is now 1.5.

Currently I recommend 1.4.x for all new implementations. I've done very little development since Sept, concentrating on testing and fixes.

1.3.x will now get only critical fixes, though it got all the fixes from this fall's testing, so it should be in good shape.

Within the next couple of weeks I'm going to add a low-risk change to trunk/1.5. It moves the pickers into popups, like the various edit dialogs. This makes most of the author's UI on a single page with popups. Popups will not be done for portable devices, as there isn't enough screen real estate, and we have also had technical problems making it work in some cases.

After that I'm going to do some minor changes, such as supporting release dates on subpages.

The major priorities then become

* Common Cartridge export
* A native tool for multiple choice and a couple of other simple question types

At that point we've got pretty much the entire original concept, and the primary work will be integration with other things.

Doing simple question types depends upon availability of programming manpower, but I expect to do CC export myself.