[Building Sakai] Email Template Administration Funkiness

Mathieu Plourde mathieu at udel.edu
Fri Aug 26 10:04:44 PDT 2011

Dear dev list,

When we have upgraded from Sakai 2.6.3 to 2.8.0 in June, the email generated
when adding a participant to a site got all screwed up. I thought I could go
in Email Template Administration and fix this, but I can't figure out which
template is applied to course sites, and why it doesn't work. The Profile2
ones work fine.

But there are like 40 copies of the sitemange.notifyAddedParticipant in our
list, and I don't know why. See:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mathplourde/6082708581

Then, when you edit one, there is no flag whatsoever of what the context is.
See:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mathplourde/6083248772

Even if the template seems to be ok, I still get a fallback email like this,
that is everything but useful:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mathplourde/6082708623

Any idea what's up with that, or how to determine which template is actually
used by course sites?

Mathieu
Mathieu Plourde, MBA
Project Leader, LMS/Educational Technologist
IT Client Support & Services
mathieu at udel.edu
Office: 302-831-4060