[Building Sakai] Deploying new version of MsgCntr without rebuilding entire system

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Fri Aug 19 07:09:20 PDT 2011

Absolutely do it independently; there is no need to rebuild all of Sakai.

Take down Tomcat. Clear out all of the existing messageforums code
(components/messageforums-components, shared/lib/messageforums*,
webapps/messageforums*) in Tomcat and deploy the new msgcntr code to Tomcat
(mvn -Dmaven.tomcat.home=/your/tomcatdir clean install sakai:deploy)

--Sam