[Building Sakai] Message Forum Preformance Issue

Jennings, Michael mike_jennings at unc.edu
Thu Aug 18 08:10:14 PDT 2011

Hi all,

At UNC we are running Sakai 2.7.0 with MsgCntr 2.7.0, java 1.6, MySQL 5.5 enterprise edition...

We are seeing really slow load times on a forum loads with large class enrollments.

When I go to this site, as a administrator, then the forum loads up really quick, like in seconds, but the same forum will take 40 seconds +  to load up if I become user to be the instructor.

Has anyone else experienced any issues like this.

Thanks,

Mike Jennings

Mike Jennings
Teaching and Learning Developer