[Building Sakai] Chat does not refresh on message submit

Mathieu Plourde mathieu at udel.edu
Mon Aug 15 08:53:40 PDT 2011

Salut Awa,

We have seen similar problems with Chat at Delaware. We run Sakai 2.8.0 on
Oracle/Apache/Tomcat with 4 app servers. We have noticed that when users are
on the same server, it works fine, but sometimes, when they are on different
server, they have to refresh the browser to get the latest messages.

Or temporary fix has been to reboot our tomcats every week after our Oracle
maintenance. But we'd be interested in finding the root of the issue as
well.

Mathieu
Mathieu Plourde, MBA
Project Leader, LMS/Educational Technologist
IT Client Support & Services
mathieu at udel.edu
Office: 302-831-4060
IT Support Center: http://www.udel.edu/help