[Building Sakai] Lesson Builder - question about stealthing and import/merge

Walters, Cynthia (cmw6s) cmw6s at eservices.virginia.edu
Thu Aug 11 06:27:40 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have a question about whether my expectation for Lesson Builder and import/merge is correct.

I applied/ported Charles' second contributed patch from SAK-19686 (siteaction2.diff) and notice that if Lesson Builder is 'stealthed', the import/merge functionality does not work when I expected it might.  Lesson Builder was added (by Admin user) to the import-from site and the import-to site, but does not appear on the "Re-use Material from Other Sites" page as a tool to select.

I expected that, because Lesson Builder tool exists in the sites, I would have been able to perform the import/merge.

We have Lesson Builder 'stealthed' because we want to roll the tool out for select users to evaluate before making it available to the general user community.  We are evaluating Lesson Builder 1.2.2 with Sakai 2.7.1.

By the way, if Lesson Builder is not stealthed, the import/merge works fine.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.
Cynthia Walters
cmw6s at virginia.edu
University of Virginia