[Building Sakai] Current browser support

David C. Minugh David.Minugh at english.su.se
Fri Aug 5 00:57:59 PDT 2011

 From an end-user point of view, both FF5 and IE9 are
now in the "important/crucial update" categories, which
means that our students will be/have been installing
them on their own laptops and PCs. This pattern will
surely continue, as updates roll in in the future, so
most students have learned to adjust. The important
thing is to get out a warning if there are major
problems with a new version, particularly as regards
testing.
    On the bright side, I've been using FF5 for site
creation, T&Q, etc, at the department level here at
Stockholm ever since it was rolled out, with no obvious
problems (appears to be Sakai 2.6.12).

Yrs,

David C. Minugh				E-mail: David.Minugh at english.su.se
Computer Officer			Tel: (+46) 8 16 36 11
English Department			Cell phone: (+46) 70 - 23 14 777
Stockholm University			Fax: (+46) 8 15 96 67