[Building Sakai] Creating new tool in Sakai 2.6

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Wed Aug 3 09:22:43 PDT 2011

There are a few ways to get started quickly.

Maven archetype (credit Steve Swinsburg)
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Sakai+Wicket+Maven+Archetype

Eclipse App Builder: (credit Aaron Zechoski)
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Sakai+App+Builder

Just a personal preference, but the Sakai Wicket Maven Archetype is the
quickest, but if you don't know wicket, then you have the learning curve.
 Eclipse app builder has RSF, JSF, JSP and Wicket for it's options but takes
a lot more setup to get started (compared to maven archetype).

There may be something else out there too, this is just off the top of my
head.

-Bryan

ps... sorry to reply twice, I meant to reply all to include the dev list