[Building Sakai] ePrints or SWORD integration

Jez Cope J.Cope at bath.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 06:42:23 PDT 2011

That sounds like the right way to go about it. The primary aim (for me
at least) would be to encourage depositing in the repository, though, so
it would be essential to be able to do that as well as linking to
existing items in the repository.

By the same token, access to the metadata would be advantageous, but the
main aim would be to allow easy access to the bits.

By the way, if anyone's interested in this, it turns out that there's
some funding available
(http://swordapp.org/2011/07/sword-v2-request-for-project-proposals/)
for developing SWORD v2 clients. The funding's from JISC so might be
UK-only, but I don't know the details. I'd be happy to talk this over
with anyone who'd like to put in a proposal (though I have no
association with JISC or the the SWORD project myself).

Also, it would seem that there are now SWORD v2 server implementations
for DSpace, EPrints and Fedora, and client libraries for Java (as well
as Python, Ruby, PHP).

All the best,
Jez

--