[Building Sakai] New Tool not coming for the old users

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 03:52:58 PDT 2011

My Workspace sites for users are created at first login and subsequent changes to the !user.template site won't affect them. You need to either delete all my workspace sites (which is [currently] safe, content won't be lost), or add the tool to each existing my workspace site via the web service:

/**
 * Adds a tool to all My Workspace sites
 *
 * @param	sessionid		the id of a valid session for the admin user
 * @param	toolid			the id of the tool you want to add (ie sakai.profile2)
 * @param	pagetitle		the title of the page shown in the site navigation
 * @param	tooltitle		the title of the tool shown in the main portlet
 * @param 	pagelayout 		single or double column (0 or 1). Any other value will revert to 0.
 * @param	position		integer specifying the position within other pages on the site (0 means top, for right at the bottom a large enough number, ie 99)
 * @param	popup			boolean for if it should be a popup window or not
 *
 * @return		        	success or exception
 * @throws	AxisFault
 *
 * Sakai properties:
 * 	#specify the list of users to ignore separated by a comma, no spaces. Defaults to 'admin,postmaster'.
 *	webservice.specialUsers=admin,postmaster
 *
 */
public String addNewToolToAllWorkspaces(String sessionid, String toolid, String pagetitle, String tooltitle, int pagelayout, int position, boolean popup)
cheers,
Steve