[Building Sakai] SAK-17260

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Wed Apr 27 07:39:39 PDT 2011

Chris:

It is a general problem and not specific to one AuthzGroup provider
implementation.

I think it is open to discussion whether the overridden role should be
reserved or not if it is different from that in provider definition.

SAK-17260 will reserve the current role, but show all the provider
information about the user. The "Remove" column is still enabled for the
user. After removal, the user is still shown with role reverted back to the
provided role.

KNL-403 removes local role definition for provided user ONLY IF the local
role == provided role. In order words, it won't do anything if user is
first added as roleA and later provided with roleB.

Based on the description of SAK-17260, I don't think it conflicts with
KNL-403...

Thanks,

- Zhen