[Building Sakai] SAK-17260

Maurer, Christopher Wayne chmaurer at iupui.edu
Wed Apr 27 06:57:57 PDT 2011

This issue was fixed over a year ago, so perhaps no one really remembers, but I had some concerns as I see how things are working on our local 2.7 version.
I'm not sure if it's just due to the special provider that we're using here, but the behavior that I now see is that a user that is an actual member of a site will have their role overridden by the role coming from the provider.  Is that really what is intended?  If so, maybe we should adopt a solution similar to how the provided role is determined (by an ordered list – siteRoleResolutionOrder – so that the provided role would be chosen only if it were higher in the list then the native site role.
Am I way out there with this requirement?  Maybe this isn't an issue with the standard group providers and is only an issue with the custom one we wrote!

Chris