[Building Sakai] Is anyone working in Sakai with cloud computing?

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 26 12:20:31 PDT 2011

We had an idea to allow Amazon s3 storage to be used as an extension to Resources, the idea being that the site maintainer could buy some storage and then use it to store large files such as movies. There would be no need for intervention by sys admins.

The files would work in exactly th same way as if they were stored locally. Search indexing my present  challenge here?

We currently haven't scheduled any work in this area but could contribute ideas if anybody else is interested.

adam
--

Dr AC Marshall (WebLearn Service Manager)
OUCS, 13, Banbury Rd. Oxford. OX2 6NN