[Building Sakai] SAK-20294

DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ darolmar at upvnet.upv.es
Fri Apr 22 03:59:21 PDT 2011

      Hi all,

      I've been reviewing https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20294, "Bug in JSF i18n" which causes to the options to select the amount of items shown always appearing in English, no matter user preferred locale set.

       I'm reproducing what reporter said:
"This happens because the page renderer file ("PageRenderer.java") calls a bundle file that does not exist ("org.sakaiproject.jsf.bundle.pager"). It exists in the trunk version though, but there are two groups of i18n files there. There are two options to solve the problem, to add the "bundle" folder to the tag versions or to modify the PageRenderer file and make it point to the other files ("org.sakaiproject.jsf.Configuration"). Either way, one of the bundles should be removed, for simplicity and correction's sake."

       I would like to come into a discussion about what to do. From my point of view, it is better the second option as it probably will imply less lines of code. Hoping to get feedback community about this.

       Cheers,
             David