[Building Sakai] KNL-696 New optional UDP interface DisplaySortAdvisorUDP

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Fri Apr 22 03:30:59 PDT 2011

Hi All,

While going through Jira's I came across this Jira and patch from Nuno
Fernandez:

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-696

it concerns the need to be able to override the default sort names in
certain locales (i.e. in areas where surname, first name) might not be
appropriate. I have commited Nuno's suggestion with a slight
modification: instead of  extending the DisplaySortAdvisorUDP I have
created a new optional interface DisplaySortAdvisorUDP. So if you wish
to override the sort name behavior simply add this interface to your
provider and implement its single method.

Regards

David