[Building Sakai] svncopy.pl

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Thu Apr 21 14:36:48 PDT 2011

I don't know why I never knew about this, but for anyone using
.externals and has to deal with creating tags.  Google for this script
super handy.

This script performs an svn copy command.  It allows extra processing to get
around the following limitations of svn copy:

  svn:externals definitions are (in Subversion 1.0 and 1.1 at least) absolute
  paths.  This means that an svn copy used as a branch or tag operation on a
  tree with embedded svn:externals will not do what is expected.  The
  svn:externals will still point at the original location and will not be
  pinned down.

--
John Bush
602-490-0470