[Building Sakai] Changes to group providers between 2.6 and 2.7

Maurer, Christopher Wayne chmaurer at iupui.edu
Thu Apr 21 12:06:01 PDT 2011

I'm investigating some changes to the way group providers are working with our local build of 2.7.1.

In our 2.6 instance, it seemed that users in the "parent" site would always keep their role, regardless if they had a different and lesser role in the provided section.  Plus, the UI didn't indicate that they were in the enrolled section and they were able to be removed from the site.

Now, in 2.7, it appears as though those users are always "provided".  It lists the section and the user can no longer be removed from the site.  So, it's like they aren't an actual member of the site anymore.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Nothing should have changed with our role mappings or configuration or anything.  It's possible that we had some customizations somewhere that either need to be removed or reapplied after the upgrade to 2.7.

Anyone have any ideas?

Chris