[Building Sakai] Sakai database graphic representation

Algaze, Louis Contractor, eDataTech ljalgaze at nps.edu
Mon Apr 18 14:37:09 PDT 2011

Mathieu,

I've recently been working on generating SQLs to pull summary data from the database, although many have discouraged querying the database directly and recommended using the APIs/web services, but I'm much more comfortable with SQL than WS and feel like we can get more info this way. We are currently on 2.7.1 and expect to re-create some, if not many of these when we go to 3 and will need to check as we update to newer releases.

I'd be happy to share any SQLs I figure out/create (wiki?) if there is interest and would be interested in seeing other's SQLs.

I also generated a diagram using MySQL Workbench and would be happy to share that with you, or anyone who asks (once again, wiki?).  Although many of the tables do not have associations as they are in the application.

Feel free to contact me directly if there is interest for the diagram and SQLs.

Thank you,

Louis Algaze