[Building Sakai] ClassNotfound in a tool

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Mon Apr 18 03:54:46 PDT 2011

Hi, Adrian. Thanks for the response, I'm happy to know that we'll be
able to migrate to Clog in the future.

Relating to the Maven code, I have managed to solve the issue adding the
next lines in <SRC>/components/pom.xml

<dependencies>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.sakaiproject.blog</groupId>
        <artifactId>blog-impl</artifactId>
        <version>${project.version}</version>
        <exclusions>
            <exclusion>
                <groupId>org.sakaiproject.blog</groupId>
                <artifactId>blog-api</artifactId>
            </exclusion>
        </exclusions>
    </dependency>

<!-- NEW LINES -->
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.sakaiproject.kernel</groupId>
        <artifactId>sakai-kernel-api</artifactId>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.sakaiproject.kernel</groupId>
        <artifactId>sakai-component-manager</artifactId>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.sakaiproject.kernel</groupId>
        <artifactId>sakai-kernel-util</artifactId>
    </dependency>
<!-- /NEW LINES -->
</dependencies>

With these new lines, the <TOMCAT>/components/blog-pack/WEB-INF/lib/
folder contains the necessary jar:

[csie at csie-server blog_post_25]$ ls
/apps/tomcat/tomcat-b/components/blog-pack/WEB-INF/lib/
blog-impl-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar  commons-codec-1.4.jar
sakai-kernel-util-1.1.9.jar

Only the blog jar was there before applying the change. And now the
error dissapears.

As I am not any Maven expert, I would like to know your opinion about if
these changes could be harmful to my deployment. Could they?

Thanks and best regards.

Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
No hay que atacar al poder si no tienes la seguridad de destruirlo.
(Niccolo Maquiavelo)