[Building Sakai] ClassNotfound in a tool

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Fri Apr 15 04:25:58 PDT 2011

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to solve, since several days ago, a weird issue with a tool
which launches a ClassNotFound exception, relating to a class which is
included in the tool's WAR file.

The class not found is org.sakaiproject.util.BaseResourceProperties,
inside sakai-kernel-util, but in the class where the exception is
launched (org.sakaiproject.blog.impl.SakaiProxyImpl)
BaseResourceProperties is included in the imports and the project
compiles OK with Maven.

Also, I have looked for the lost class in the tool's deployed WAR file
and it's included inside its kernel's WAR file.

I'm using a fresh Sakai 2.7.1 with kernel 1.1.9. The exception is
throwed when uploading an image.

Please, could you give me some advice about what more could I try? I'm
stuck with this.

This is what my catalina.out shows:

(...)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.wicket.RequestListenerInterface.invoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:183)
        ... 41 more
org/sakaiproject/util/BaseResourceProperties
        at
org.sakaiproject.blog.impl.SakaiProxyImpl.saveFile(SakaiProxyImpl.java:447)
        at
org.sakaiproject.blog.impl.PersistenceManagerImpl.storeFile(PersistenceManagerImpl.java:404)
        at
org.sakaiproject.blog.impl.PersistenceManagerImpl.addPostElement(PersistenceManagerImpl.java:1179)
        at
org.sakaiproject.blog.impl.PersistenceManagerImpl.addPostElement(PersistenceManagerImpl.java:1153)
        at
org.sakaiproject.blog.impl.BlogManagerImpl.addElement(BlogManagerImpl.java:220)
        at
org.sakaiproject.blog.tool.pages.EditFile$1.onSubmit(EditFile.java:60)
        at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.delegateSubmit(Form.java:1271)
        at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.onFormSubmitted(Form.java:769)
        ... 46 more
org.sakaiproject.util.BaseResourceProperties
        ... 54 more

Thanks in advance.
--
Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
Malgasté mi tiempo, ahora el tiempo me malgasta a mí. (Shakespeare)