[Building Sakai] Sakai Behind Load Balancer

Juan José Meroño Sánchez jjmerono at um.es
Thu Apr 14 00:33:06 PDT 2011

  Hi,

     I'm testing sakai 2.7.1 behind a load balancer (i'm using pound for
testing purposes).
Users connects using https but the connection between load balancer and
apache web servers are using http,
so i'm using the system property "sakai.force.url.secure".

     I've obtained some errors accessing applications like Profile2 and
SiteStats (made with Wicket) and also in Gradebook2 (made with GWT).
I think those errors are motivated by the construction of the url for
redirect without considering "sakai.force.url.secure" property, but i'm
not sure.
Maybe the "rewriteURL" method inside ActiveToolComponent and
RequestFilter needs to consider the use of this property.

     I would like to know if someone else have Sakai configured with
similar structure and if they experimented the same problems or not,
or if i've forgoten some configuration.

Thanks !!

--
Juan José Meroño Sánchez