[Building Sakai] Optional Maven Compilation

Steven Githens swgithen at mtu.edu
Tue Apr 5 11:54:09 PDT 2011

On 04/05/2011 02:36 PM, Matthew Jones wrote:
> Sounds like maven-build-helper-plugin. I mentioned this in a reply to
> you 6 months ago. ;)

Ha! [1] Thanks, this is a somewhat analogous issue to what I had before,
although my eyes probably glazed over when I saw '"Wrapper" classes',
because I mostly just want exclude/include simple java files and not
source directories or anything.

> http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2010-November/010092.html
>
> We use this in our provider in this pom file to activate/exclude
> specific capabilities.
> https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/msub/umich.edu/ctools/ctools-providers/trunk/component/impl/pom.xml

Interesting.  So it looks like they might have syntax as well then for
<id>remove-source</id> or something from a build.

Cheers,
Steve

[1] I still owe you reply emails too as to whether bracketless scoping
actually makes patch sets harder in large code bases with distributed
teams, and how awesome it will be when we finally finish the blti
etherpad!  Someday I will take a whole day to triage my email!