[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.7.0 Integration with Oracle PeoplSoft Campus Solution 9.0

Farhan Akhlaq farhan.akhlaq at live.com
Wed Sep 29 11:18:20 PDT 2010

Thanks a lot Mustansar this link really helped me.
Regards,
Farhan AkhlaqSoftware EngineerTechlogix Company (Pvt) Limited.farhanakhlaq at techlogix.comCell No. +92-3334082989Work Phone : 111-859-859 ext[273]

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:32:40 -0500
From: mustansar at rice.edu
To: farhan.akhlaq at live.com
Subject: Re: [Building Sakai] Sakai 2.7.0 Integration with Oracle PeoplSoft  Campus Solution 9.0

    Hi Farhan,

                  I found this blog entry by Steve Swinsburg. This might get you started.

    http://steve-on-sakai.blogspot.com/2009/05/roles-in-sakai-sites.html

    Regards,

    Mustansar

    On 09/29/2010 03:01 AM, Farhan Akhlaq wrote:

      Hi all,

             We are working on integration of Sakai 2.7.0 with
      PeopleSoft Campus Solution 9.0. We are doing it on Windows Server
      2008 R2 Platform. We are able to integrate both applications. We
      have successfully created Course Worksites in Sakai end by
      integrating data from Campus Solution end. Now we have a situation
      at this point. By default the course worksites have 3 roles
      Instructor, Student and Teaching assistant which are defined in
      !site.template.course Realm. Now we want to create new roles e.g.
      an Observer Role in course worksites that can only read/view the
      course worksite.

             Any suggestions what should i do. If i create new role in
      !site.template.course will that affect the already created
      worksites ?

      Thank you very much for this support forum.

      Regards,

        Farhan Akhlaq
        Software
                Engineer
        Techlogix
                Company (Pvt) Limited.
        farhanakhlaq at techlogix.com
        Work
                Phone :+92  111-859-859 ext[273]

Mustansar Mehmood
Educational System Developer& Integrator

Information Technology
6100 Main St. MS 119
Houston Texas 77005

Phone:(713)348-2523
Fax  :(713)348 6099
email:mustansar at rice.edu

I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when,you  looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
    -- Poul Anderson