[Building Sakai] Problem when replying to a forum thread

Joaquín Marqués Alós joaquin.marques.sakai at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 03:24:16 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I have a problem when responding to a thread in the forums for a second
time. The first time you hit "Reply to thread" function properly, the
problem is when you come back to give a "reply to thread" when he takes the
warning "An error has occurred while posting a thread."

In the log I get this error:

ERROR http-8080-5 org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener -
Could not synchronize database state with session
org.hibernate.StaleObjectStateException: Row WAS updated or deleted by
another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping WAS incorrect):
[org.sakaiproject.component.app.messageforums.dao.hibernate.MessageImpl # 8]

I searched the error on the Jira and I found a patch that is supposed to
solve the problem but still happens the same, namely the patch is the
"MSGCNTR-359.patch."

My version is 2.7.0 Sakai.

Does anyone know why this might be?

Thanks in advance.