[Building Sakai] Groups bug in Resources tool

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 04:39:51 PDT 2010

The issue is that if you have, say, three groups in a site, and give two of them access to see a folder, then as you drill into that folder you are given the option to restrict even further (ie some files/folders might only be visible to one of those two groups). But the list of groups is not shown. Note that the list of groups *is* shown when you add a new file/folder, but not when you edit.

We hit this about a month back as we have some people doing some very complex group permissions work with many levels of nested folders. I attached some screenshots to the JIRA here, and then fixed it:

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18986

Fixed in trunk (2.8), 2.7.2 and 2.6.4 - we've been running it on 2.6 locally in msub for about a month if you want to take a 2.6 patch.

cheers,
Steve