[Building Sakai] Site Stats Problems

Paul Dagnall dagnalpb at notes.udayton.edu
Wed Sep 15 07:41:08 PDT 2010

Hi
(Sakai 2.6) We are having a couple problems with SiteStats (v. 2.0.4).
First, event records are not reliably being recorded to the SiteStats DB in
production. When I point my dev box at prod data, it works fine. This makes
me suspect it has to do with transaction volume.

The second problem is related to speed. In prod, it can take a whole minute
to load the main Site Stats page. On our test server, which currently has
around half the data volume of prod, the pages load in just a couple
seconds.

We have left the collectThreadUpdateInterval setting at the default (4000).
I'm considering increasing this. We did set collectEventsForSiteWithToolOnly
to false. Our Oracle indexes all look in order.

Our record counts:
SST_EVENTS: 2 million
SST_RESOURCES: 2.4 million
SST_SITEACTIVITY: 300,000
SST_SITEVISITS: 130,000

Any suggestions before I get too deep into this? Thank you!

Paul Dagnall
Web Developer
University of Dayton