[Building Sakai] Lombok Annotations

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Tue Sep 7 08:26:47 PDT 2010

The caveat there is that it requires compiling with java 1.6.

*CAREFUL:* lombok requires using the javac v1.6 compiler. If this is not
your default compiler, you'll need to add the following to your pom file to
explicitly set the java compiler version to use:

Currently Sakai in all versions, including trunk are defaulting to building
under 1.5.

        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <inherited>true</inherited>
                <configuration>
                    <source>1.5</source>
                    <target>1.5</target>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

I personally hate the getters/setters pattern, and know that most
people just create them by making the fields then telling their IDE to
generate the tons of lines of getters/setters and comments. Other JVM
languages like groovy and scala take care of all of this
accessors/mutators without having to write tons of code or rely on IDE
autocompletion and make coding and reading the code a lot nicer.

Per the documentation: