[Building Sakai] portalscripts.js causing error on login page in 2.7.x

csev csev at umich.edu
Tue Oct 26 22:35:32 PDT 2010

Bryan,

I like this approach - in particular I prefer situations where enough data is provided statically in the initial portal "GET" request document (i.e. in includeStandardHead.vm) to avoid any other non-essential "knock-on" requests unless those requests provide important non-trivial data.

It reduces each portal load per page from 3-4 request-response cycles to 1 and even though those 2-3 extra cycles are small and computationally cheap - they do add up in terms of server load.

I think this is tuned pretty nicely in 2.8 to be only one request-response cycle to display the portal page and now you are doing some of that tuning in 2.7 :)

/Chuck