[Building Sakai] Can Anyone help regarding Tools

Sean Keesler sean.keesler at threecanoes.com
Mon Oct 18 06:01:26 PDT 2010

It sounds like you want to "stealth" some tools globally (across all Sakai
site types). "Stealth"ed tools are available to add to sites via the "Sites"
tool, but not the "Site Info" or "Worksite Setup" screens. You can do that
by editing one of a few sakai.properties and restarting Sakai.

Optionally, you could make the tools available to some site types (ie:
portfolio and project sites) but hidden from others (ie: course sites) by
editing each tool's registry xml file.

A tidy litte slideshow from a previous conference presents the options for
hiding tools in Sakai can be found here:
http://www.slideshare.net/jleasiaum/configuring-sakai-boston09

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, NY 13104