[Building Sakai] Can Anyone help regarding Tools

“Naira farooq nairafarooq at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 05:05:23 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am facing a little problem. I want to hide all the tools that are present
in "Edit tools" link in Sakai site. I don't want even admin to see those
tools except those tools that i enable for the users.
 for example
 i just want to enable announcements, messages, email and chat tools for the
users of all sites even the course site and i want to disable all the
remaining tools from the "Edit tools" option. So that user or the owner of
the site must not have option to select any other tools for the site that i
don't want to allow access to.  But i also want that i should be able to
enable the remaining tools when there would be a need.
please let me know how to do it. where are the tools stored. and from where
they can be enabled or disabled on demand or requirement.
I must be missing something but i am unable to find where these tools are
present.
i am using the bin version of Sakai 2.7.0 release.
--
Naira Farooq Ch
Software Engineer