[Building Sakai] Oracle jdbc jars

Amy Edwards amy.edwards at usg.edu
Tue Nov 30 13:11:19 PST 2010

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010, Seth Theriault wrote:

> Amy Edwards wrote:
>
>> This is the config page I am refering to:
>> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Configuration+%282.7%29
>>
>> So, am I looking at the correct documentation? Where are you
>> finding references for using Oracle 11g and 11g driver?
>> I have only been looking at the documentation for a week so
>> I could easily be missing something.
>
> You are looking at correct, but slightly outdated information.
>
> The Oracle 11g reference can be found here:
>
> http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/
>
> in the "System Requirements" section.

Thank you!

I looked at that page and totally missed the reference to the
11g driver.  The Databases section on that page only lists
Oracle 10g and 9i, but on the lists I have seen several people
mention they are testing or using 11g.  Am I crazy to assume
we should start with 11gR2?

Amy

           Amy Lyn Edwards  amy.edwards at usg.edu
             Integration and Deployment, ITS