[Building Sakai] turnitin2 and assignments

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 17 07:34:34 PST 2010

http://sakai-project-mail-list-archives.1343168.n2.nabble.com/Building-Sakai-turnitin2-and-assignments-td5379790.html

I am just wondering whether there is any greater understanding of the implications of switching to turnitin 2?

We are using sakai 2.6 with assignments (1) and more or less the default Turnitin code.

Everything works just like it always did but we're seeing old style Turnitin originality reports not new shiny Turnitin 2 reports.

We also have heard that legacy support for turnitin (1) will be withdrawn at some point in the future and fear that this will mean our Turnitin integration will stop working.

Does anybody have anything to say about this? Is there a simple change we can make to point at the turnitin 2 server?

Any information would be very useful as we've lost the developer who worked on the turnitin code (most careless, I think he may be down the back of the sofa!). We will more or less have to start understanding things again from scratch.

adam