[Building Sakai] Anybody using search in a clustered setting ?

George Pipkin gpp8p at virginia.edu
Fri Nov 5 09:29:27 PDT 2010

Hi Everybody -

    A year or so ago we decided to turn off the search feature because
at startup,
more often than not Lucene detected a bad index and decided to start
re-indexing everything. This created intolerable load levels, and we had
to turn it off.  However, we'd like to get search going again, and one
option
we're looking at is the one being used at Cambridge where 'good' indexes are
copied from other nodes in the cluster.

    I was wondering if anybody else is running search in a clustered
setting, and if
so, how it's being supported. Is anybody other than Cambridge using the
scripts
written by Daniel Parry that synchronize indexes ?  Have they been
modified ?  Are
there other approaches to this problem ?

                                         - George Pipkin
                                            U.Va.