[Building Sakai] permisions in forums

JOSE MARIANO LUJAN GONZALEZ jmariano at um.es
Fri Nov 5 01:50:49 PDT 2010

Hi Kara,

thanks a lot for your answer! We´ve checked that table and we don´t
have the mapping with our roles... Since it worked as we expected from
the very first time that we tried our  new roles, we thought that the
mapping was being done with the realm permission
(section.role.instructor, section.role.ta and section.role.student).
Actually if we look at the forum permission of this two people, they
have both "contributor" since they are both role "Estudiante (our
role, which is pretty much a copy of the sakai student role)". That is
basically why we thought that the mapping was being done right...

We are going to try out your solution and as soon as possible we will
give you some feedback. Our sites are using only sections and all
those students that we tried belong to the same section, have the same
role and everything should be the same (that's the weird fact!!!)
About the SU tool, we will be careful now on with our tests...

Thanks a lot!
Mariano