[Building Sakai] Sign-up tool not visible to instructors in all courses

John Leasia jleasia at umich.edu
Thu Nov 4 06:28:32 PDT 2010

So it sounds like permissions are not getting set in some new sites (not
that it is a functions.require issue for example).
If you are using !Site.helper vs !site.helper that might be a problem -
!site.helper should work, providing you have the role spelled exactly
the same there as it is in your course sites.
Check too that the 'type' of the problem site is 'course'. If not,
permissions in !site.template.course won't be picked up (and it will
only be picked up for newly created sites)
For !site.helper to not work, either a misspelled role or a bug I'd guess.

What is the difference between sites where it does work and where it
doesn't? Created in a previous version? Different types? Duplicated sites?

John