[Building Sakai] chat in presence

csev csev at umich.edu
Sun May 30 08:25:40 PDT 2010

While this might not exactly match the SMS use case, it feels like a nice start.  I just posted the following comment to the JIRA:

Can anyone come up with a good reason not to simply put this in trunk with a suitable switch to toggle it on and off and release it for Sakai 2.8? Looking at this, it is primarily a portal patch and I as the technical lead for portal, would be happy to see this go in as long as it could be conveniently turned on and off.

I understand that there may be some tweaking and cleanup - but that is generally best done in trunk rather than in a patch - and if it felt a little wonky when we need to freeze 2.8, just default it off and keep working on it.

Thoughts?

/Chuck