[Building Sakai] chat in presence

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Fri May 28 20:52:12 PDT 2010

(I sent this before but my mail app crashed.)

There is a prototype for a floating chat panel here:
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17524

In addition, my team is working on a complementary chat which uses the connections from Profile2, so you can chat wherever you are, rather than being in a specific location. It is based on ActiveMQ. I may have a prototype to show at the conference.

For interested parties we'll also be porting this to uPortal.

cheers,
Steve