[Building Sakai] Site role change events

Steven Githens swgithen at mtu.edu
Fri May 28 11:37:03 PDT 2010

Hi Dev,

I'm working on some code to sync the roles of users in Sites with
corresponding courses that exist in an external cloud service.  In this
case it's the plagiarism checking service Turnitin.  Whenever someone's
role changes in Sakai, I need to try and adjust it on Turnitin's
servers, or if it can't be done right away (maybe because of network
issues or something) put it in a table to queue up the site id that
needs to be updated.  Along with a locking table, a quartz job will sit
there and keep trying the updates.

I'm trying to figure out which event(s) I need to listen for in my Event
Observer.  Right now I think just "site.upd.site.mbrshp", but I want to
double check and make sure there aren't some other services/modules that
might update users roles in sites under a different event code.

At the moment, I don't actually need to listen for if users have been
removed or added, just if they've been changed in the site.

Cheers,