[Building Sakai] 2.8 potential scope

Speelmon, Lance Day lance at indiana.edu
Tue May 25 06:34:00 PDT 2010

1) I would push strongly to include all hybrid related code in the 2.8 release. The hybrid code will run on many previous versions of Sakai, but it would be nice to include it in a release.

2) I find the statement about "LTI producers at the tool-level" confusing, but I think we are in the same ballpark.  There are some things we can do in Sakai 2 which will not only make it a better product but will also make for a better migration path to Sakai 3. This may include additional LTI work, but should also include entity picker-like [1] functionality.

Thanks, L

[1] http://wiki.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/Entity+Picker

Lance Speelmon
Scholarly Technologist