[Building Sakai] Word count in messages/forums tool

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Wed May 19 13:56:06 PDT 2010

The word count of messages/forums was a feature incorporated in SAK-14081
[1] & MSGCNTR-119 [2]. As you'd noticed, these never made it into the 2.7
(or any obvious) release of message center. I believe this was because it
depended on a "data extraction" contrib piece. [3][4]

If you wanted it to work, you'd probably just need to patch the change on
that ticket [5] and also build/include extraction and extraction-umich for
it to work. I remember reverting it about 3-4 times so it should be pretty
clean. :)

For 2.6 we are using it in a local branch. When we move to 2.7 in a few
months we'll have to patch this feature forward locally as well.

2.6: https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/msgcntr/branches/SAK-16837

Not sure if there's any easier way to get there at the moment.

[1] http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-14081
[2] http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/MSGCNTR-119
[3] http://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/reporting/
[4]