[Building Sakai] KNL-403

Branden Visser branden at uwindsor.ca
Wed May 12 08:48:27 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I think we fall in to the edge case discussed in the KNL-403 change.

We pull our student rosters from an LDAP server that cycles new
information every semester. When a new semester comes in, the old groups
are no longer found and the new groups come in. To cope with this in
2.5, we ran a job that would set users as "not provided", so that
student membership would remain in the sites after the site is
unpublished and our LDAP server refreshed its contents for the new semester.

After KNL-403, those entries we change will now be reset as "provided".
It looks like the change that was made did more good than bad, so I +1
that. Short of switching group management to our SIS database, does the
community have any recommendations on how we could "persist" our rosters
with an enterprise group system like ours?

Would a property that toggles this promotion functionality perhaps be
the best approach?

Thanks,
Branden