[Building Sakai] problem with BLOB table in Sakai DB

Patrick Coleman patcoleman at me.com
Tue May 11 05:19:33 PDT 2010

In my Sakai DB there is a blob table (type longblob) called
content_resource_body_binary
This table is about 2.8GB in size and I'm having problems backing it up or
even looking at it's content.

If I do a "select * from content_resource_body_binary" I get an error
saying..

ERROR 2020 (HY000): Got packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes

I have the  'max_allowed_packet' set to 1GB which I think is the max it can
be set to?

When I try and do a backup of the table (or the whole DB) using mysqldump I
get this error..

mysqldump: Error 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query when
dumping table `content_resource_body_binary` at row: 1582

I done check table etc and it always says ok?

Is there any limit to the size of a table like this? It just started to
happen a few weeks ago.
I'm running mysql 5.0.84 and Sakai 2.6

Thanks.

Pat.