[Building Sakai] 2.7 Install

Warwick Chapman warwickchapman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 12:18:44 PDT 2010

Ste[v|ph]e[n]

The logs will tell you what is going on, since a 404 isn't right. Can you
> please send it?

The logs were showing nothing.  I would stop tomcat, delete the logs,
restart and they'd be 0 filesize.

> Also, I noticed the init.d script you are using, does this also mean you
> are using a version of Tomcat that shipped with your Linux distribution? If
> so, this isn't suitable, so you will need to unpack a new Tomcat zip
> somewhere and deploy there. The ones that ship with OS's are often spread
> out all over the place and is generally the cause of problems.

I did an aptitude install tomcat.

I have now downloaded Tomcat 6 and will attempt a manual install with that.

-- Warwick Bruce Chapman | +27 83 7797 094 | http://warwickchapman.com