[Building Sakai] 2.7 Install

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 06:17:47 PDT 2010

Warwick,

What Stephen was getting at is that Sakai deploys more than just the webapps. There is also a CATALINA_HOME/components directory which should have a number of directories in it, and a number of jars in shared/lib. Assuming the maven build was successful and there are appropriate perms on Tomcat, this is all done.

The logs will tell you what is going on, since a 404 isn't right. Can you please send it?

Also, I noticed the init.d script you are using, does this also mean you are using a version of Tomcat that shipped with your Linux distribution? If so, this isn't suitable, so you will need to unpack a new Tomcat zip somewhere and deploy there. The ones that ship with OS's are often spread out all over the place and is generally the cause of problems.

cheers,
Steve